September 27, 2007

a purely technical post....

ok, i've got a bit of the OCD. i like to make lists and organize things. groundcat and i share a netflix account, and we're up to over 300 movies. and i hate the way it's organized! you have one big list (called a "queue") and you can only change the order, you can't sort by category, title, or date added. it's just a big ugly list.

i want to be able to sort these movies by genre (we have so many horror films, i could do a whole sub-genre of "horror- zombie" films!) i want to be able to sort them by who added the film (me or the boyfriend.) i played around with the list of the website, and there is no way to export directly into an excel doc. i tried various ways of "select all" and then copy and paste.

i ended up spending 3 hours trying to copy & paste into excel, removing all the embedded formats, and manually deleting additional spaces. horrible!

i went online to research and found an interesting article that basically says, "there's no way to get the info from netflix into an easier format, you're screwed!"

i know, no one cares. i just had to vent!

12 comments:

Nomy said...

A bit of the OCD? HA!

GLITTERGIRL said...

nomy, i will kick your gmail lovin' ass! right after i sort my sock drawer.... i can't decide if i should sort by color or length.... and what about texture? is there a way to cross reference my socks? some sort of sock matrix?????

well, for now i'll just count to 5 over and over, until i can wah my hands (using the middle sink only, not the end sinks, because that would really mess up my day!)

GLITTERGIRL said...

p.s. "wah" should be "wash", of course, but y'all know that...

GLITTERGIRL said...

3 comments so far. 3 is the number of ice cubes i like in my beverage. this, of course, is if the ice cubes are standard rectangle sized, the kind you make in trays. if it's the small chips then i don't count them, i'm not THAT crazy!

no, if it's chips then you fill 50% of the cup. but i don't need to tell you that!

GLITTERGIRL said...

ok, 5 is my lucky number.

5 comments. perfect. now if my socks aren't inside out, i'm in business!!!!!!

Groundcat said...

6 comments

GLITTERGIRL said...

ok groundcat, bring it on! maybe i need to start adding oregano to all my cooking?

glittermom said...

I say 7 is the magic number...It is in crap shooting...I am a lister as was my mother, so I say it must be hereditary...I have all kinds of lists...I may even have a list of my lists...Love to make lists...

GLITTERGIRL said...

how do you know about crap shooting, mom? did you learn about it on the high school trip to DC? the one you got in trouble on because you got cause with booze on the bus???

and let's not even bring up a certain "joe touche".....

hahahahahahaha!

Nomy said...

Well we can't leave it divisible by 3 now, can we?

And also I heart groundcat.

glittermom said...

Oh Lord, I knew my sordid past would bite me in the ass someday...HAHA!

glittermom said...

and just to make it clear, no one wsa drinking on the bus...We were in our hotel rooms, and someone ventured into the hall and got caught...