September 20, 2012

unemployed, day one...

i thought about sleeping in, but instead went and swam for 25 minutes.  it will take a while to work back up to the hour i was swimming before surgery.  slow & steady...



i still can't believe i went to work on tuesday, got this awesome knitted uterus, and then got shit-canned the next day.  ah well.....


i went to get my haircut last night, and got there too early.  so i walked over to the gift shop next door and the first thing i saw was this card.  perfect message for me.


so after i swam i got on the laptop and worked on my resume.  i have a job interview wednesday next week.  i'm not getting my hopes up.  i need to take my time and find a job that's a good fit.


i meet my former work husbands at chipolte for lunch.  it was so much fun seeing them.  we compared notes over the lay-offs, shared job search info, and laughed our asses off.  nice to know life goes on after the job doesn't go on.

ok, day one was pretty decent.


No comments: